Saturday, November 22, 2008

Movie update!


Well, last night I joined what felt like 159,000 tweens in the same theater to see the movie "Twilight".

I fully expected to hate the movie, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised.
I really thought that in the book, the Bella/Edward relationship was more of a romantic and sweet situation than the intense sexual tension and lust that was portrayed in the movie. Oh well, that is probably what will gather the non-readers into the twilight fold.

As I read, I will often try to picture what actor/actress would fit my imagination of the characters in a book. The girl who was cast as Bella was exactly who I imagined as I read the book - her father was perfect, as was Jacob. The rest of the cast were not quite what I imagined, but it was (regarding the casting) fine and the adaptation to the big screen was better than I imagined. CGI effects were kind of cheesy at times but passable, the acting was not always in keeping with the characters that were developed in the book. But I wonder if actors would be better served to read the book instead of carrying around the attitude that they are above reading the "banal" books that make them rich and famous once they are adapted to the big screen. It might make for more good transitions to movies.
*****UPDATE TO THE UPDATE*******
My friend just posted on the experience with a totally different take and I really think it has merit and deserves some attention! The Bobby Pin

1 comment:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

You're awesome. We all see things different ways -- thank heavens our young women don't have to hear my Twilight bashing all the time. They need your excitement and insight.