Sunday, November 23, 2008

He's Just Not That Into You ****UPDATED****

I just finished He’s Just Not That Into You by Greg Beherendt and Liz Tuccillo. Crazy right, since I am quite happily married, but what led me to the book was my in-laws. (brother & sisters)
As I read the first chapters I was tempted to just put it down and move on - something that I have really never been able to do with any book. Ever. This book is not a cure-all for dating, but rather a wake up call to those women in the world who can’t seem to see all of the red flags that don’t just sit there but jump up and down screaming “You deserve better!” I don’t care for the whole ‘self-help’ genre, but a little self-actualization can benefit everyone now and again. Nothing here is earth shattering, there is no information that you haven’t heard before, but as with many things sometimes hearing it again from a different voice helps a little.
There probably won’t be a time ever again when I offer advice to the in-laws on their love lives because they all seem to have reached a point where they think I don’t have a clue about what is really out there in the wonderful world of dating. But, as a last ditch plea to all of the people I care about who are still single - READ THIS STINKIN BOOK!
I won’t recommend it to anyone under 21 only because there are some pretty mature themes and language and lifestyle acceptances that are contradictory to my personal beliefs (premarital sex being the most prominant). Having said that, this book is a must for anyone who has ever felt like crap because of a crappy relationship or has sat up with a pint (Ben & Jerry’s of course) and a pal trying to pick apart what went wrong in their most recent relationship.
“Don’t waste the pretty!”

So, for any of my friends......I am so excited about the upcoming movie that I am looking for some friends to go see it together!

No comments: