Monday, November 17, 2008

Don't Make Me Choose Between You and My Shoes

Well, fiction fluff is a fun way to spend a few hours. Edwina and Debbie Sue have a small town detective agency they work when they aren't busy fixing the hair and makeup for the ladies of Salt Lick, Texas.
The enjoyable thing for me here is that I feel (to a certain degree) that I know these girls. They are the chicks I grew up with who stayed behind and built their lives in the south. Ed and Debbie Sue remind me that plain talk and common sense are my heritage.
The girls head to New York for a convention of Private detectives. Having received some recognition for cracking a previous case they have been asked to be presenters and dive whole hog into the adventure taking a young woman who wants to join the detective profession under their wing and falling right in to a murder mystery.
I do enjoy southern stories no matter what form. This is a good fun read, don't look to have it answer the questions of the universe. Don't even expect it to require your brain to shift into 3rd gear. This is strictly for fun.

No comments: