Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Introductions

I have a husband who is really one of the nicest guys in the world and who is (yes cliche) my best friend. Two of the most handsome young men to walk the earth are my sons and we have a pretty funny dog named Cooper.

I feel I can safely say I will never review or recommend a Nicholas Sparks book. I read and sort of liked A Walk to Remember and saw and tolerated the movie ‘The Notebook.’ But, if ever there was a class to teach authors how to derive satisfaction and joy from reworking the same tired storyline Sparks took advanced classes in that perverse joy and went professional. Yeah, yeah, I am sure he’s a nice guy I just don’t like his work. Don’t get all defensive, I am sure there is someone out there in the world who doesn’t actually like Stephen King’s work. So here we go with that – I read a quote attributed to a critic of Mr. King that said something to the effect that if he published his grocery lists they would end up on the bestseller list (indicating that this particular critic didn’t like his work, see I told you there was someone). I might buy it – who knows? I bet he buys all sorts of weird crap! But I would think he also has code words or nicknames for his favorite items. I must say I will be tremendously disappointed to find that he shops for:

Milk
Eggs
Toilet paper
Beer

Instead of:

Moo Juice
Chicken poo (he may say the other word, but I won’t)
Butt wipe
Horse pee

I’m just sayin…………..

No comments: